Record COM port activity into a text file
RS232 Data Logger ecords all serial communication data into a text file. It easily collects data from a RS232 port device and saves this precious information into a new text file or continues from previous session.
Serial port logger can log up to 256 serial ports at the same time. RS232 Data Logger is an absolutely FREE, open source application, which means you can freely use it, study, change and improve.
With RS232 Data Logger you can:
Log serial COM port and track serial dataflow changes
RS232 Data Logger has a simple interface, so to begin serial logging you just need to select the serial port, choose where to file serial communication data, define RS232 port's parameters and click "start". Logs in the text file will represent all details about serial port communications and RS232 dataflow.
Test RS232 communication between serial port devices and applications
RS232 Data Logger can be installed and used under Virtual Machines, like VMWare or Virtual PC. Such functionality can be successfully used for testing. Our serial port logger is great for learning purposes, too.
It traces serial port state in real-time and collects precise data about real RS232 connection and serial dataflow exchange in your system. This gives real life examples of how connection between any serial COM port and applications establishes and how it develops. With RS232 Data Logger it's simple to see and learn how serial ports work!
Full features list:
- redirect incoming data stream into a text file form any number of serial ports simultaneously
- select the file to redirect incoming data to for each port
- real-time counter of the received and stored bytes
- collect data from the real serial ports as well as from virtual ones
- disable/enable logging on-the-fly
- append incoming data to already existing file
- specify serial port connection parameters (baudrate, parity, stop bits, flow control, databits)
- source code is provided (MFC/C++ VC7.1)
- works under Virtual Machines
- Windows 98
- Windows Me
- Windows NT 4.x
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 2003 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows server 2012